Friday, October 15, 2010

Tick, tick, tick...

It's ironic to use a statement like "time is going so fast" considering it seemed to be forever to get to this point!. Yes, in 12 days we will be in the air (over the Arctic circle...go figure) on our way to pick up our daughter. It still seems very surreal saying that in 1 month time we will already be home with our little girl. I can't even imagine what that's going to be like.

All the furniture is built and now we are putting her clothes away. Not an easy chore because even though we have her measurements, we don't actually know her size. We have to take clothes with us because she will only have the clothes on her back...and hopefully the stuff we sent her. Yesterday, I was looking around the house and a thought occurred to me...we need to childproof the house! I installed tamper resistant outlets in her room already, but I'm pretty sure Laura would rather not have Anyssa try to play with stuff in her crystal cabinet! Anyone know what the Mandarin word for "fragile" is? Oh, and the poisons...I have a pretty good collection of noxious chemicals that I need to secure. I really hope that there isn't a fun cartoon in China featuring the loveable character "Mr. Skull and Crossbones" that will grab her attention when she sees it here!!

I just spoke with Anna at work (in HR) who will be helping us get Anyssa onto our health plan. I've talking to her about the adoption for almost as long as we've been in the China program so she has already kind of been following along. I think she is just as excited as we are!

A lot of you have asked for pictures of her room...I will try and get a couple posted in the next day or 2. I will also try and get Laura to sign on and say HEY.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! I am so honored to get a mention!

    Safe travels!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to send you guys some videos that might help you with Anyssa and your travel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mell has a friend who speaks Mandarin. She lives in Libertyville, but Mell thinks she'd be happy to help you. You can contact Mell or I'll be talking to her tomorrow night and will try to get this friend's number for you if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete