Monday, October 18, 2010

Moving right along...

As promised, here is a picture of Anyssa's room...well, her bed anyway. It's hard enough to find time to post to the blog let alone try and find time to photograph it all. I realize that I should be documenting everything...she might get a kick out of it in a few years!


We got our itinerary from Sunny Ridge. It looks like we get a day to rest after we arrive in Beijing. Then, for the next 2 days, we see the sites. We're going to the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and Tiananmen Square. I'm REALLY glad I scored a 16 GB memory card for the camera. I was at Fry's today and they had another 16 GB for 19.99 after rebate. Instead, I bought a card reader. That way, we can download every night to Laura's laptop. I am going to take as many pictures as I possibly can. Any of you "younger" folks may not know that there was a time when you bought film, snapped 24 pictures, dropped the film off at the drug store (anyone remember Photomat in the supermarket parking lots??), waited for your prints to come back only to find out that half of them didn't turn out. Today, it looks like I can snap a couple of thousand HD prints and have room to spare!


From there we fly to Chengdu and that is where we will meet Anyssa for the very first time. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'd like to think I'm ready for anything but I won't know until we're there. It's such a life-changing event that I can't even possibly fathom the change we are about to experience. I know enough to know that I don't know anything. People say that they think Laura and I will make great parents. The only person whose judgement of that I'll accept will be Anyssa.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Anyssa will definitely think you're great parents. She'll love y'all like we all do... well, until she gets into her teens! No, really, love is all you need to be good parents and you have plenty of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to follow on your journey. Every new parent is nervous, you'll do great. Love, nurture and patience while you get to know each other....let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right! None of us know how we will do in the parent department, but just love unconditionally (as I know you both will) and the rest just comes naturally. There will be new things daily and you will adapt to each change, and will create memories that will last the rest of your lives. Even the rough times are good to look back on to see how much you all have grown. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete