Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Challenges

The adaptation continues. I know how hard it is for me and Laura to adapt, but I cannot imagine exactly what Anyssa is feeling. Laura and I are home and speak the same language and are back in our original time-zone. For Anyssa, her world TRULY has been turned upside-down. Her body-clock seems to be the hardest thing to adjust. Laura has to lie down with her is order for Anyssa to get to sleep, and then she'll wake up later...fully awake. It can takes several hours to get her back down. If it were warmer, we could take her to the park and run her around, but the weather report says it's going to start to get even cooler. Today, we have a couple of doctors appointments to take her too and then maybe a shopping trip. We just have to get her out of the house. I'D go stir crazy here!

My brother has an infection in his dialysis fistula so it looks like he's going to the hospital for a few days. PLUS...his cat is sick and may need to go the vet for a few days. It's not my job to question why God does what He does but rather to accept the challenges he places in front of me. I believe that He knows what he is doing and I have to accept that this is part of the larger plan. This is my last week off of work so I need to spend as much time with Laura and Anyssa as I can now. Today looks like it will be busy for me...I just pray that Laura and Anyssa can tolerate my being pulled in several directions.

6 comments:

  1. Laura and Roger,

    Fresh air and exercise for Anyssa every day-- two outings a day if possible-- and patience for you and Laura as you all find your way together!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine is right - even if it's cold, bundle Laura up and take Anyssa outside. She can run around the park and she'll stay warm. and then maybe she'll sleep! Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time, you'll get into a routine that works before you know it. Patience is key...and this time of year is hard to burn off energy when we live in a location with seasons! Just think of how much fun you'll have playing in the snow together this year :) Blessing to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We offer prayer first Roger, because you're apt to get way more advice than you'll really need, or want!
    I will just suggest that consistentcy and routine are the keys for now. I'm sure that "structure" has been the mainstay of her life at the orphanage, and she's had anything but that for the last few weeks.
    The rest is time...and she's got a lot of that ahead!
    Prayers continue for strength and peace to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will all pull together with time. My sisters and I think of you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Roger, I prayed for the three of you just now, and for Bob too.

    ReplyDelete