Friday, May 6, 2011

Coming home

It's funny...as you get older, your priorities do indeed change. Used to be that when I would travel for work, way before I got married, when I walked through the door upon arriving home, the first thing I wanted was a beer. Oh, how times have changed. I had an over-nighter in Toledo and Fort Wayne. On my way home yesterday, as I approached the house, all I could think of was walking through the door and having my little girl run to me and give me one of those oh-so-tight hugs that only she can give. Let's just say that I wasn't let down.

People thought we were crazy to be adopting "so late in life" but all I can say is that as far as I'm concerned, this is the perfect time. I don't look at Anyssa as an obstacle to my happiness, I look at her as PART of my happiness. Maybe I'm vicariously living a second childhood through her. That's OK...I know what to expect now.

I checked the weather today and it finally looks like it's gonna be nice...maybe we can all take a nice walk tonight. Or maybe we'll walk while Anyssa rides her bike. So many choices... Or MAYBE she and I will go out and buy Mothers' Day cards for mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment