Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Magic bus

Our little girl has taken another step forward. She now takes the bus to and from kindergarten. They pick her up in front of our house and drop her off at the neighbor’s driveway. I cannot tell you how brave this kid is. It seems totally unfathomable that only 10 weeks ago, she was still in an orphanage in central China, not knowing what to expect from the future. How could she possibly imagine that she would end up here with us. I’m still blown away…I know I’m repeating myself, but it all seems so surreal. If I get up during the night, I’ll go into her room and just watch her sleep. If her hand is out, I will hold it. We’ve wanted a child for so long that it is so hard to process that she is finally here.

She is such a trip. She is so excited to show us everything she did in school and what she has brought home. She keeps shoving 1 paper after another at us so fast you can hardly see what it is. She appears to be doing quite well at school…as well as I could expect which is kind of a stupid statement, because I had no idea what to expect. She made us both sit down to show us (she just points at each of us and then at a spot on the sofa.) Yesterday, her class had PE. Then she started this little exercise routine that they had oviously done in class. She made us stand, then proceeded to make us do it with her…she gets such a kick out of showing us stuff…even if it is just the Scholastic book order form!

The other day, as I turned down our street, I saw that she and mommy were outside. As soon as she saw the truckster, she started jumping, pointing and yelling “Daddy! Daddy!!” When I stepped out, she threw her arms around me and it was the greatest feeling in the world.

I wonder how she knew that was exactly what I needed.


4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT post! im so thrilled to read this!
    it sounds ike it is ALl pulling together and yes it is unfathomable where she was ten weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post - more than sensing your emotion; I can actually feel it! Yes, it is almost as if God transported Anyssa to you and Laura. (Although, I do know you went through a lot to get her here.)
    Clearly, it was God's plan to have the three of you together. So glad to hear that you are all adjusting so well and loving every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excelent Post

    I love hearing all your experiences as a new dad. Watching your child sleep, seeing them jump up and down when they see you and the Great big Hug. Those are some of the greatest moments. She is one Brave little girl all she has gone through in her life at such a young age. But she is the LUCKIEST little girl to have you and Laura now. Her life Did a 360 when you came into it. It will be very interesting when she can speak English and tell you stories of the past and actually explain her feelings and new experiences to you. Keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to hear your stories of this precious little girl. Your love comes flying off the page when you talk about her.
    Anyssa is a gift from God and He placed her in your loving arms for a reason!
    He knew in the all the world, that no one could love this beautiful child more than you and Laura.
    Keep the posts coming! And keep the love growing!
    Keep your eye on the Cross !!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete